Hi Church family! Here’s a recap of the sermon on Sunday. I encourage you to read through the passage again, there’s some great truths and reasons for us to rejoice. As always, feel free to let me know your feedback or how you interacted with the sermon!
Reasons to Rejoice
We can rejoice because of:
1. What God has done for us in the past: We are justified through the blood of Christ. As a result, we have peace with God and stand in grace. (v1-2a, 11)
2. What God will do for us in the future: We will be glorified with God when God’s glory is fully revealed. (v2b, 9-10)
3. What God is doing for us now: We are being sanctified, perfected through the trials of our lives. (v3-4)
- We can rejoice in our sufferings because it matures us and strengthens our hope in God.
- Our hope in God is sure because it is based on God’s unfailing love. (v5)
- We can be sure of God’s unfailing love because of
- The subjective, continued ministry of the Holy Spirit, reminding us of God’s love and our adoption as His children (v5, 8:16);
- The objective, historical ministry of Jesus Christ, demonstrating God’s amazing and unique love that He would pay the ultimate cost (His Son) to redeem a most undeserving people (v6-8)
- Be reminded of our future glory as we go through present difficulties knowing that God who took care of the eternal can take care of our day to day struggles.
- God can use all trials, big or small, to reveal areas of growth in our lives, so be prayerful as we go through even inconveniences or disappointments to see how God can refine our character.
For those who couldn’t make it today, we miss you! In a couple of days, the sermon podcast should be uploaded here. Have a great week!